DISCLAIMER *The views expressed here are those of Aidan Mack. They do not reflect the views of the interpreters engaged in interpreting her.*
(Visual Description of Episode) – The video opens with upbeat music and views of New York City, while Aidan Mack exercises with a jump rope.
The screen shifts to her turning down a road lined with green trees in a red motorcycle, while a red car passes by. Aidan Mack then appears in a fancy closet/fitting room wearing a black dress with black heels, while she spins around looking in the mirror. The screen then shows Aidan Mack sitting in a dressing room at a Hollywood-style vanity mirror, lined in a circle with bright light bulbs where the camera films her reflection in the mirror as she flips her hair and whips out her magenta, pink lipstick applying it to her lips with a grin into the mirror. Aidan Mack is then seen in the center of New York City, standing in the middle of Time Square where the camera circles her as she looks around with an astonished look in her eyes and face at the flashing lights and billboards surrounding her. The host, Aidan Mack then opens her show as she walks down Time Square’s glowing, ruby-red stairs while bystanders sitting behind her on the stairs watching her introduce her show in American Sign Language (ASL).
The screen shifts to The Aidan Mack Show logo (dark blue and black background with a cartoon figure of Aidan Mack in a black dress and heels holding up the ASL hand shape for ‘I Love You,’ standing next to three shopping bags (pink, blue, and yellow) lined up in size order with the website: www.aidanmack.com below.
Episode opens with Aidan Mack wearing a green button-down shirt with a black leather jacket and black pants and black heel boots. Her brown, short hair is worn down. She is sitting in front of vintage, finished wood panels that create a tarnished-bronze and brown looking wood background on a hot pink chair that is formed in the shape of a big hand. On the wood behind her, displays The Aidan Mack Show logo to Aidan’s left with 3 pictures off to the left of pink hearts as trees in pink grass to the side of the logo, each one with different background sky colors. To the right of the three pictures is a small black table against the wall that has a flower pot on it with green and pink flowers in it. On the table also sits two large letters, a “A” and an “M.” In front of the “M” is a coffee mug which reads,“#love.”
Welcome to The Aidan Mack Show!
(music fades) (The Aidan Mack Show logo appears)
I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and had a Happy New Year!
I’m thrilled to start the new year hosting my show. A perfect time to talk about the Fitness and Health trends of 2018.
(Insert a picture on wall of weights, a water bottle, an apple, and a tape measure)
(Insert a picture on wall of a woman holding a clock in one hand and holding up her index finger)
- Something already trending is Intermediate Fasting.
- For example, 6:8; which means 6 hours you fast and then 8 hours you eat. Or 5:2, 5 days you eat and 2 days you fast. Or once or twice a week, you can fast all day and night and then that following day you’d eat again. Another option is going the whole day with only one meal. There are tons of approaches and options when using Intermediate Fasting.
(Insert a picture on wall of weights, a bowl of cereal, a timer, and a tape measure)
- Research has shown the benefits that come with incorporating fasting into your diet, such as, stabilizing blood sugar level, reducing inflammation and keeping a healthy heart.
(Insert a picture on wall of two images, one a picture of a body with inflamed areas marked in red, and a picture of a red heart with legs and hands holding weights)
- You can research and see if it could benefit you as well and what approach is best for you. Also, I strongly recommend checking with your doctor and discuss whether Intermediate Fasting is right for you.
- The next trend is… Family Exercise Classes.
(insert picture of a large athletic family)
- Recently fitness centers have been recognizing the importance of involving the whole family, which means parents and children in different classes. This led to creating classes like Family Aerobics, Family Zumba, Family Yoga, and Mommy and Baby Yoga. There are just so many activities to get involved in! I think it’s a great way for families to share bonding experiences. Also, it helps them come together as a team to maintain their healthy lifestyle. I think it’s awesome!
(insert picture on wall of a man doing pushups with a dog on his back)
- Our third trend is Exercising with your Pet.
- It’s becoming more and more popular to exercise with your pet.
(insert picture on wall of a Doga class with four women doing yoga with their dogs)
- For example, Doga. It’s Doga instead of yoga because you’re with your dog. Also, you’ll see people lifting their dogs while doing squat or doing push-ups upside down lifting your dog instead of weights. More and more people out there are exercising with their pets. They feel relieved. We all have busy lives and trying to figure out how to keep our pets active is difficult. So why not mix the two, dogs or cats involved with their humans’ fitness routines. You’ll be noticing this trend more often.
- The next trend of 2018 is Live Streaming Classes.
Excuse me while I take this sip of water. Ah, look at that, love.
(Aidan Mack lifts up a white mug that reads #love in red and takes a sip of water)
So back to, Live Streaming Classes.
(Insert a picture on the wall of a fitness class being instructed live through a projector that displays a teacher showing the movements it reads “Cant get to class, Bring the class to you.”)
- People are recognizing the huge benefit of remote, live-streamed classes because its live and people can do it in the comfort of their homes, which creates a larger audience. And now video quality has improved and is better than ever. Saves money too. This is becoming extremely popular which is a concern for me because of the lack of having an in-person face to face connection. Now technology has made connections become so distant. So I don’t know how I feel it. But at the same time, I do see the other perspective and its pros. It definitely saves money and it’s very convenient too. So…it’s a tough one.
- Our next trend has to do with, well you know how many adults out there feel like their missing out on something. Some of our lives consist of just work, work, work, feeling busy all the time, having so many things on our plate, and not knowing what to do because we’re just overwhelmed with everything we have to deal with. So why not try out, “Return to Play” which basically means; having fun, going with the flow, enjoying life, and just overall feeling carefree.
(Insert picture on wall of two adults playing outside)
Going to the park and playing on the swings and be a kid again. That’s what it’s all about, “Return to Play” and you’ll see more and more people participating in these kinds of activities. I noticed that “Return to Play” means play doesn’t have to stop when we’re young and then we work for the rest of our lives. I mean why so serious? Go out and play! It’s that simple!
- The next topic… has importance … and is worth recognizing so to speak, in regard to what is going on in the slaughterhouses and dairy farms.
(Insert graphic picture of a bloody cow slaughterhouse and of a man kicking an animal in the face through a cage)
There are a lot of horrific things that animals have to endure, and its coming to light.
(insert picture of a healthy plate of colorful vegetables, carrots, broccoli, beets, brussels sprouts, etc.).
This has impacted many. A lot of people are deciding to switch to a plant-based diet because of this by either becoming vegan or vegetarian. People are swapping out animal products as they transition to more plant-based food products and you’ll start seeing the growing trend of people who are switching over completely to a plant-based diet.
- Another current trend is that people are realizing they’re taking excessive amounts of pharmaceutical prescriptions and not getting the results they’re promised.
(insert picture on wall of a green graphic design of cannabis leaves with the letters CBD in white across it)
Now people are switching to Cannabidiol or better known as (CBD) and noticing the benefits such as reduced anxiety, and reduced pain. There are so many benefits for people using CBD like for some who suffer from seizures, it has stopped them all together. The list of what CBD can offer is endless. Now people are waking up about the pharmaceutical industry and giving CBD a chance.
(insert picture on wall of Jeff Sessions with a background of green marijuana leaves)
And now, a lot of people are concerned about what Jeff Sessions, the White House’s lawyer, believes should happen, which is putting a ban on CBD, making it illegal. People think that he has failed to recognize the importance of CBD’s medical benefits that are offered to so many people. I know for myself I’ve seen enough proof and stories out there that it does help people who have diseases or medical conditions. So, I hope that people stand up and voice their opinions to stop the ban, especially since we’ve gotten so far with legalization laws, and now this ban would be taking that progress backwards which is bizarre. I think it should be legalized, allowing people to make wise decisions on their own and use their common sense. Think of the safety of others and your own safety as well. Don’t get high and drive, just like you wouldn’t with prescription medication that has side effects such as drowsiness, etc. Be careful. Don’t drive under the influence and be responsible, it’s important.
- The next is “Mindful Workout” and just overall being in the now.
(Insert picture on wall of a perspective of a head with a weight inside of it instead of a brain)
Don’t let life’s worries bombard your minds. Just be mindful of the current moment/situation. Let all the negative thoughts and worries go and make peace with it, and center yourself. You’ll be seeing more and more people jumping on the bandwagon with “Mindful Workout”
(Insert picture on wall of 5 women with shirts that read, #, style, has, no, size)
On a side note, it’s an exciting time now to embrace the various body shapes out there, owning who we are. In the past, there was one body type that was recognized as beauty and the standard and anyone who didn’t have that body type was pushed to the side as practically non-existent in terms of beauty. But now, there is more of a mixture of diverse shapes, especially in the modeling industry. Embrace the diversity of our bodies and the many shapes out there. Magazines, TV interviews, and stylists are incorporating and highlighting various body shapes and sizes. It’s a really exciting time to be a part of.
And that was the Fitness and Health Trends for 2018. Thank you for tuning in to The Aidan Mack Show, and I want to thank my interpreters.
(The two interpreters appear signing, “Thank you, Bye!” (music fades)
The Aidan Mack Show logo appears again. (dark blue and black background) with a cartoon figure of Aidan Mack in a black dress and heels holding up the ASL hand shape for ‘I Love You,’ standing next to three shopping bags (pink, blue, and yellow) lined up in size order with the website: www.aidanmack.com below.) A white screen with social media websites appears directly after.)